Vacuform machines are a staple for creating masks, costume elements, and so much more but they can run over $1,000! Depending on what you have laying around your shop, I’ll show you how to build your own for around $100.
We’ll start by sourcing heating elements and electronics from an old thrift store toaster oven. Vacuform machines consist of two main components – a heat box and vacuum box. The trick to maximizing your pulls is how they’re designed and integrated. I’ll take you step-by-step in real-time as I build my own for my shop.
FREE 7-DAY TRIAL!
PLUS the FIRST 100 MEMBERS get 50% off (normally $24.95/month)!
Why we’re different
Your maker journey doesn’t end after the last lesson. That’s when you’re just getting started! Accelerate your growth with a supportive and inspiring group of peers as a member of our Artistic Engineering community.
In addition to this course, members have access to:
- All live and on-demand courses for a more well-rounded skillset.
- All course activity feeds.
- Updates & revisions to all courses.
- LIVE virtual community making sessions where we dedicate time to our projects, share skills, showcase what we’re working on, ask questions and interact with peers.
- A community of supportive and engaged makers who are excited to offer encouragement, accountability, and feedback on your projects (including me).
- A mobile app to help you stay connected with our community anywhere, anytime.