We’re tearing down my thrift store toaster oven to harvest the 4 heating elements inside as well as the electronics so we can build our own custom heat box for the vacuform machine. Second-hand stores usually have a good stock of these toaster ovens but you can also use heating elements from space heaters.
- Introduction to Vacuform Machine Components
- Overall Design and Strategy for our Build
- Pulling the Electronics from the Toaster Oven
- Pulling the Heating Elements from the Toaster Oven
- Discussing a Wiring Strategy
If you want to follow along, here’s what you’ll need:
Old Toaster Oven