The popular DHT11 humidity and temperature sensor gives you two functionalities in one! It’s relatively simple to use but we’ll have to download and install an external library. These sensors are an essential part of weather station projects and when paired with an LCD, you can read values on the go! We’ll also connect other components that will perform different activities based on changes in temperature and humidity.
You’ll be able to follow along and build all the projects featured in this course with the ELEGOO UNO Project Super Starter Kit.
- How the parts of a DHT11 sensor work
- Connecting the sensor to the Arduino
- Display temperature and humidity readings on the serial monitor
- Add an LCD to show readings to make our weather station portable
- Add LEDs and a buzzer to alert you at certain temperature/humidity ranges
- Turn on a motor when the temperature exceeds a certain value