We learned how to turn an LED on and off but what if you want a level of brightness in between? We’ll be using the Arduino’s PWM pins and learn a new function for controlling the brightness of LEDs. Then we’ll explore RGB LEDs which allow you to mix different levels of red, green and blue to create a nearly endless array of colors.
- Introduction to PWM (pulse width modulation) pins
- How PWM works to produce voltages in between 0 & 5
- Using the analogWrite function to control the brightness of an LED
- Connect a common cathode RGB LED
- Using the R, G, and B channels to create custom colors
- Introduction to Conditional Statements
You’ll be able to follow along and build all the projects featured in this course with the ELEGOO UNO Project Super Starter Kit.