Using remote controls with your Arduino projects is a great way to control robots, lights, relays and more – wirelessly. We’re going to learn how infrared remotes send information to the Arduino and then we’ll use that information to trigger different actions and control other devices.
You’ll be able to follow along and build all the projects featured in this course with the ELEGOO UNO Project Super Starter Kit.
- Introduction to how infrared receivers and remotes work
- Connecting the receiver to the Arduino
- Find the unique hexadecimal identifier for each button using the serial monitor
- Mapping button pushes on the remote control to trigger actions with the Arduino
- Control the speed and direction of a DC motor with the IR remote control
- Control brightness and color of an RGB LED using the IR remote control
- Turn on a light bulb with a 5V relay and IR remote control