Up until now we’ve done a variety of animal and creature-themed eyes so it’s time to move towards the other end of the spectrum – from organic to tech. We’ll mask off a more complex pupil and paint mechanical elements on our eye. Then it will be time to wire up an LED, drill a hole at the back of the eye for it and watch the light shine through our pupil!
Grab another roll of tape because this one will be our most masking-intensive eye yet!
- Introduction to Materials & Techniques
- Masking and Cutting the Pupil Shape
- Painting the Basecoats
- Painting the Iris
- Masking and Painting Mechanical Details
- Painting the Optic Housing
- Adding Shading for Depth
- Wiring up an LED
- Drilling and Mounting the LED
If you want to follow along, here’s what you’ll need: